Internet’s use grew rapidly in the mid-90’s and spread to the developing world in the late 90s. Within years, the application of internet and related activities grew exponentially. People started using internet for communication, business expansion, finding services, entertainment and uncountable number of reasons. In no time internet became the most fundamental feature for human consumption.
Subsequently there was a stark need for experts specialising in designing web based pages and applications. The term Web designing is used to describe the design processes involved in creating an interface which can be interacted by the User/client. The most elementary fact for a designer is to realise that there is a person, a living human being on the other end and not just a random number. The websites are supposed to serve a purpose in people’s lives. The user must find what he is looking for and it must be of some use to him.
Over time people have started thinking that Web designing is analogous to print design. A screen is a very different medium altogether. There can be a huge amount of live interactive media, audio, video, animations and what not!
With the application of flash, CSS, Java, PHP and the latest buzzword Responsive Web Design Internet has come a long way from the basic HTML tags to a very complex setting today. Designers must be able to create content which can flow freely across various settings and adapt to the size and resolution of the screen. They must be tailored according to the device of the visitor
For a web designer there is a multitude of factors which needs to be addressed but there are certain primary features which needs basic and utmost attention
- Content: Because content is what the user is searching for!
- Navigation: A designer need to realise that an actual human being is going to use the website, it is important to pay attention to how the user is going to go about the website.
- Aesthetics: The look and feel of the website must be fresh and attractive enough for users to stick around.
- Graphics: Images and media makes a page more attractive and interesting, it complements and sometimes is more useful than the text itself
- Typeface: The font you select is very important; it must suit your website. Very subtle tricks can make a specific text stand out!
Web designing offers a very vast and growing market, both for future designers and potential customers. There are massive innovations undergoing in the web designing domain, and if you want to get your website designed, you are in for a struggle, for you have to choose from countless options.